- Do not treat the same area twice.
- Do not use on muck or alkaline soils.
- Do not apply to areas where natural drainage would carry the spray to desirable plants.
- Do not replant treated areas, except with listed grasses, within 12 months of application or injury may result.
- Do not apply in the root zone of trees, ornamentals or vegetables or other desirable plants other than the listed grasses.
- Do not overseed treated areas within six months after application or apply to newly seeded lawns for 60 days.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any person or pet, either directly or through drift. Keep people and pets out of the area during application.
This 32 fl oz container will treat 3,720 sq ft of listed grasses. Do not apply the entire container to an area less than 3,720 sq ft. Do not apply to the same area more than two times per year.
Weeds controlled or partially controlled in established St. Augustinegrass and Centipedegrass lawns:
- annual bluegrass
- chickweed (common and mouseear)
- crabgrass(partial control)
- Florida betony
- narrowleaf vetch
- pennywort (dollarweed)
- woodsorrel and various annual clovers
||Control can best be obtained by applying when spurweed has just emerged (December and January).
||For best control, applications should be made in mid- to late October followed by a second application in mid- to late February.
|Apply in early April followed by a second application in July.
Note: Applications for control of spurweed or Florida betony will generally give control or partial control of the other listed weeds. However, this product will give best control when applied to tender young weeds or just prior to weed emergence.
Spectracide® Weed Stop® For Lawns for St. Augustine & Centipede Lawns Concentrate may be applied during both dormant and growing seasons. Best results are obtained when application takes place in early spring or dormant periods when weeds are small or have not emerged. Do not apply more than twice per year to the same area.
This product will control both emerged weeds and weeds from seeds. Rain or watering within two or three days of application may decrease the effectiveness on emerged weeds. However, for the control of emerged weeds from seeds, rainfall or watering is needed within seven to 10 days after treatment.