STOP. Read Entire Label Before Use.
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
STOP Do not allow people or pets to touch treated plants until the sprays have dried.
Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any person or pet, either directly or through drift. Only persons applying this product may be in the area during application. Do not mow, cut or otherwise disturb treated vegetation, weeds or plants for at least seven days following application. Do not use on or around edible feed or food crops.
WHEN TO APPLY
WHEN TO REPLANT
For best results, apply during warm, sunny weather (above 60°F) when weeds are actively growing. Rainfall or watering 15 minutes after application will not wash away effectiveness.
To avoid drift to desirable plants, apply when the air is calm.
All ornamental flowers, trees and shrubs may be planted one day after application.
FOR LAWN RENOVATION/REPLACEMENT
TIPS FOR REPLANTING
- Determine size of area to be treated — measure length and width in feet, then multiply to determine coverage area in square feet (length x width).
- Use Spectracide® Weed & Grass Killer2 to kill the old lawn and existing weeds and grasses.
- For best results, apply in spring or fall, when daytime temperatures are at least 60°F.
- Under dry conditions, water lawn every other day for a week before applying Spectracide Weed & Grass Killer2.
- Do not mow for seven days before or after treatment.
- One gallon treats 300 sq ft.
HOW TO USE
- Wait seven days after last application to rake, till or replant with seed or sod.
- Rake up and remove loosened thatch or debris.
- Mix in starter fertilizer and soil amendments, if needed. Level the soil.
- Apply seed according to directions on seed package, or install sod. Grass seed must have good contact with soil to germinate and grow.
- Keep area moist for two weeks to establish new lawn, then water as needed.
Spectracide Weed & Grass Killer2
is pre-mixed and ready to use, and is formulated for “spot” treatment of weeds and grasses. Use it on driveways and walkways, or around fences, trees, flower beds, shrubs and other areas in your yard.
HOW TO APPLY*
Completely cover the leaves of the target vegetation. Do not overspray.
Sprayed plants begin yellowing and wilting in about 24 hours, with complete kill, including the roots, in one to two weeks.
Protect desirable plants with a piece of plastic or cardboard.
If desirable plants are accidentally sprayed, wash plants with water immediately.
*Visual symptoms and time to complete kill will depend on weed and grass type, temperature and application rate.
Not recommended for spot weed treatment in established lawns since lawn grasses will also be killed.
- Shake well before each use.
- Open flip-top closure.
- Remove sprayer from its slot beneath the bottle handle and unwrap the tubing. Pull hose plug to completely extend tubing.
- Firmly press hose plug into opening in cap until it snaps into place.
- Slide switch on hose plug counter-clockwise to “OPEN.”
- Adjust nozzle to desired setting, SPRAY or STREAM.
- Hold sprayer below the level of the container and prime by pumping trigger several times until product is dispensed.
- To store, turn sprayer nozzle off.
- Turn hose plug switch clockwise to “CLOSED.”
- DO NOT disconnect hose.
- Return sprayer to its slot. Hose can be pushed back into sprayer handle.